Designing Across Devices
Thu, Feb 24, 2011
In this class we discuss the range of devices people use to access the web and how we should design for each. Specifically we will look at media queries and responsive design, mobile design, and CSS for print.
- 2010 Mobile Industry Trends from Morgan Stanley
- When and where are people using Mobile devices?
- Mobile Web Sites Gallery
- Luke W on Designing Mobile Web Sites
- iPhone Web Sites Gallery
- The Mobile Web Book from Cameron Moll
- How to Build a Mobile Web Site from Smashing Mag
- Tips and Tricks for Designing Mobile Sites
- W3C Browser Statistics
- Examples of Big Background Sites
- Responsive Web Design from Smashing Magazine
- Mark Boulton on CSS Design for Print
- CSS Media Types
- Tips for Print CSS
Design versions of your personal site for print, mobile, laptops, and large monitors. The designs should have overall similarities but be designed specifically to the limitations and strengths of each device.